This month on the Real Life Groups Leadership Podcast, our host Chris Short sits down with
Fred Bosse’ (Groups Team Leader – Post Falls Campus) and Christian Putman (Groups Pastor
– CDA Campus) to talk about how often, and why, the Bible refers to leaders as shepherds,
and what does that mean to us today?
Some of the points they address include:
What does it mean to be a Shepherd?
• The Bible talks about God being a shepherd, and Jesus says “I am the good shepherd.”
• The Bible also refers to people as sheep – is that a compliment?
• Why does the Bible use sheep and shepherds as an analogy so often?
• What did it mean to be a shepherd in Biblical times – was it an honored profession?
• What is God saying in Ezekiel 34 to the leaders of Israel about shepherding?
• Who are the shepherds? Isn’t that just the paid staff?
What are some practical aspects of leading like a shepherd?
Download Show Notes with resource links here: Lead Like a Shepherd
Click below to listen to this episode:
Click the orange button below for the video of this episode: