The Greatest: Week 5
The Greatest: Week 5
Romans 4:7-8– “Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of sin.”
- W1- Greatest Kingdom & Commandment
- W2- Greatest in the kingdom
- W3- Greatest Sacrifice
- W4- Greatest Victory
- W5- Greatest Commission
Definition of Commission – an instruction, command, or duty given to a person or group of people. a group of people officially charged with a particular function.
- When did Jesus make such a charge, let’s look
- After Jesus died and rose, he appeared to the disciples and to 500 (1 Corinthians 15:3-9)
- My lord and my God (John 20:24-29)
- He shows them his wounds, it changes everything
Matthew 28:18–20 (NIV) – Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- We are called to make Disciples not converts
- Matthew 4:19 (Follow, Changed, On Mission)
- Acts 2:37-47
- When was the last time your heart was pierced?
A life changed looks like:
- DEVOTED TO TEACHING
- SHARING & GIVING
- MEETING DAY TO DAY (DOING LIFE) (GROUPS)
- MEETING IN TEMPLE
- PRAISING & THANKFULNESS
- We are called to be a disciple first, then make disciples
- 2 Corinthians 7:8-10
- 2 Corinthians 5:18-21- We are called to be ambassadors
- Christs Love Compels/Controls us (2 Corinthians 5:13-14)
- Because of all He has done for us (Romans 12:1)
- Because of our love (Philemon 1:8-9)
- Are you being a disciple the way God defines it?
- Are you living a life on mission and for the Great Commission?
- Do you need to revisit the heart?
- Do you see God pleading with you through his word today for love’s sake?
- Do you need to give your life to Jesus?
QUESTIONS FOR LIFE GROUP AND PERSONAL STUDY:
- What are 3 things you’re good at?
Main Point: God calls each one of us to make disciples and to honor Him with everything He has entrusted us with.
Primary Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30 (Parable of the Talents)
- What do you think the talents represent in this parable?
- Why do you think the third man hid what the king had given him?
- What did the king in the parable expect? What do you think God expects from us?
- What happens when we hide how God has gifted us instead of investing it?
- When have you seen someone invest well spiritually?
- What has God entrusted you with that is useful for making disciples?
- How is God asking you to invest in His kingdom now?
Additional Scripture to Consider:
- Matthew 28:16-20
- Matthew 4:19