Life Hacks: Week 4
Life Hacks: Week 4
Life Hack: a trick, shortcut, skill, or method that increases quality, productivity, or efficiency in all walks of life.
• Parenting Life Hack: Want to take a nap and you don’t want your kids to bother you? Tell them that they’re going to help you clean the whole house as soon as you wake up.
• He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known. – Proverbs 10:9 (NKJV)
• The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him. -Proverbs 20:7 (NKJV)
• Better is the poor who walks in his integrity than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich. -Proverbs 28:6 (NKJV)
• Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. -Proverbs 20:11 (NKJV)
• Who can say, “I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin”? -Proverbs 20:9 (NKJV)
• But the wisdom that is from above is first pure… -James 3:17 (NKJV)
HOW ARE WE TO WALK IN PURITY?
P – ________ (to alter something from its original design, a distortion or corruption of what was first intended)
o Living in sin, giving yourself over to sin, and believing God is okay with it versus struggling, fighting, and resisting sin and temptation.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (ESV) 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
P – ________ (a person who is excessively concerned with being proper or modest)
o Taboo (fear)
o Unrealistic standards
o Legalistic modesty
1 Timothy 2:9-10 (NLT) 9 And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes. 10For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do.
P – ________ (free from contamination, clean, moral, righteous)
o God’s standard: Christ
o A learned process
o Married persons: your standard for beauty is your spouse—that’s what you’re “in to”!
1 John 1:7 (ESV) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. SERMON NOTES PERSONAL APPLICATION (PRACTICAL LIFE HACKS AND BEST PRACTICES)
1. Be Aware!
• My ___________________ (one of his most effective tactics of all time!)
• My ___________________ (and relationship to sin in Jesus – Romans 6:6-7)
• My ___________________ (parents, recently divorced/break up, hurting, too busy, etc.)
• My ___________________ (wisest, strongest, and most heart – 246 Pastors fell)
Regarding awareness, what are you needing to be more aware of?
2. Be Accountable!
• I have a ___________________ and I can’t fix it
• Left to myself I___________________
• I need ___________________ from others
• reach out—tell, ask, inform, update
How are you needing to adjust making yourself accountable to others?
3. Be in Awe!
• Know true, pure, and fulfilling ______ (1 John 2:15-17)
• Know the difference between attraction and ______
• Know it’s only ______ that overcomes evil, not sin management (Romans 12:21)
• Know Proverbs 31: ______
What about God’s design has you in awe of Him and His goodness?
Other Heart-Level Personal Purity Questions:
• What’s my identity, and where do I find it?
• What’s my motivation for how I dress and act with others?
• What’s my responsibility regarding my brothers’ and sisters’ purity?