Eph 6:10-20 The Spiritual Sphere
1. It all comes back to our ABIDING relationship with Jesus
Eph 6:10A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Eph 1:19I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. NLT
2. We have a WICKED Spiritual Enemy
Eph 6:11Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. NLT
3. We don’t FIGHT spiritual battles with earthly weapons
Eph 6:13Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. 17Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. NLT
2 Cor 10:3
4. Just like we fight differently — VICTORY also looks different in the Spiritual Realm
Eph 6:19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike. 20 I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God’s ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should. NLT
Jn 16:33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. NLT
For discussion with your small group, family and friends.
Ice Breaker suggestion: Between Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas – which is your preferred holiday? Explain and share a memory.
Passages: Ephesians 6:10-20, 2 Corinthians 10 :3-5
Questions to discuss:
1. Share something from the sermon that challenged you or you are curious about.
2. Read Ephesians 6:10-12. What does this passage tell us about the spiritual realm sphere? A) What challenges you, encourages you or shifts your perspective in this passage?
3. What do you think “be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power’’ means? A) How does that look this season of your life? B) What relationships or actions help you remember His presence?
4. Read Ephesians 6:13-18. What about the armor of God stands out to you? A) What particular piece is important to you? B) How does humility and unity affect your ability to fight the spiritual battle?
5. What spiritual battle are you facing right now?
6. As we conclude this series – what have you discovered about abiding, humility or the spheres in your own life as a revolutionary disciple?