9. Giving-Individual giving AND corporate giving
10. Elder governed-As the church multiplied elders were established
So, what is your part in all of this?
Are you devoted? Are you devoted to koinonia?
- Proskartereó (pros-kar-ter-eh’-o) means: to attend constantly; To persist, persevere in, continue steadfast in; I wait upon.
What does devotion look like in this season?
- Devoted to church
- Commit to joining a life group in the fall
- Serve in a ministry
- Stay connected during the summer
- Have people over for dinner
Are you devoted to not just going to church, but being the church?
- Be devoted to one another (Romans 12:10)
- Honor one another above yourselves (Romans 12:10)
- Live in harmony with one another (Romans 12:16)
- Build up one another (Romans 14:19; 1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- Be likeminded towards one another (Romans 15:5)
- Accept one another (Romans 15:7)
When we are devoted to fellowship and one another and living out the scriptures:
- God is glorified!
- He will add to our numbers those being saved!
- The gates of Hell will not prevail against His church!
For Small Group Discussion:
Opening Question: How would you describe the perfect church?
Main Point: (Connect) The believers were together and had everything in common and CONNECTED by devoting themselves to the apostles teaching, fellowship and prayer.
Read/Tell the Story: Acts 2:36-47 (The Fellowship of Believers)
- What did the believers of the early church devote themselves to? Why are these habits important?
- Being devoted means being focused on a particular thing almost exclusively. With this definition in mind, what would you say you are devoted to?
- What would those closest to you say you’re devoted to?
- What does it mean to “have all things in common”?
- Why is the corporate gathering, as well as small group gatherings, important for us as believers?
- What does it look like to save ourselves from this corrupt generation in our current culture?
- How has being connected to other believers helped you stay devoted to the right things?
- How can you be encouraging to those around you to stay connected to other believers?