SPIRITUAL AND ______________
- Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
FREEDOM OF _______________
- Genesis 2:16-17 16And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, 17but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
LIFE OR ________________ (OT >>> NT)
- Deuteronomy 30:15 See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil.
- Ezekiel 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.
- Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!
- See also Joshua 23:14-16, Judges 2:16-18, Hebrews 13:8, and Malachi 3:6
GOD’S WILL HAS ALWAYS BEEN THAT EVERYONE WOULD BEIN PERFECT RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM AND WITH EACH OTHER.
LIVE ONCE, DIE ONCE… OR ________________?
- Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment…
- Revelation 20:11-15 11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
_________________ ABOUT HELL
– Crazy, wild party!
– Satan is boss
– Suffering is only temporary
– It’s for only really bad people
– There’s a second chance to repent
– Can’t really know anything because everyone disagrees
– Doesn’t even exist
– Nothing to worry about
HAVING AUTHORITY & MAKING DECISIONS
- The more authority, the more responsibility.
- The more responsibility, the bigger the decisions.
- The bigger the decisions, the greater the impact—and the less luxury one has to do whatever they want!
JESUS IS THE ________________ ON ETERNAL DESTINATIONS.
- Matthew 25:31-34 31When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.”
- Matthew 25:41-46 41Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.” 44Then they also will answer, saying, “Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?” 45Then he will answer them, saying, “Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.” 46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
WHAT MAKES HELL HELL?
– Never-ending (Revelation 14:9–12)
– Horrible torment (Luke 16:19-31)
– Everlasting shame (Daniel 12:2)
– Utter darkness (Jude 1:12-13)
– ”Gnashing of teeth” out of pain (Matthew 22:1-14)
– Eternal destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:5-10)
– Separated from God (2 Thessalonians 1:5-10)
– Complete absence of anything good
- God is holy, righteous, perfect, and __________________.
- God _________________ sin for what it is, and He hates it!
- God sees what sin ________________ to all those He loves.
- The punishment fits the crime—someone sinned against God, who’s done everything to rescue them, and they’ve rejected Him.
WHAT AM I BEING CALLED TO?
- Jude 1:18-23 18They said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.” 19It is these who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit. 20But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. 22And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.
- Jude 1:24-25 24Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, 25to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.