Multiply: Week 1
Multiply: Week 1
This series is a yearly series – Multiply
- On biblical giving and generosity
- Discipleship demands we deal with this subject
- For More study – Randy Alcorn – The Good Life –Heaven
- Believers have come to trust what the Lord has revealed about the spiritual reality
God’s Word deals more with money than any other subject –why?
- The devil uses the physical world to fool us –enamor us –distract us –He knows what we do with the physical impacts the spiritual
- We have decided to say –save me Jesus from the penalty of my sin and save me from my broken inner compass
1 Timothy 6:9–10 (NIV)
Gods desire is that we reconnect with Him and become more like Him
- We remember who it all belongs to God wants us to become like Him –God is love and He gave –John 3:16
- He gives us grace – and we give it – Matthew 18
- He gives us order and desires us to bring order
- God asks us to multiply what He has given to us –to become multipliers
- Forgiveness – Matthew 18
- Resources – Matthew 25
- Disciples Matthew 28
Philippians 3:18–21 (NIV) Matthew 25:14–30 (NIV)
1. It starts with the first gift –God to His servants–All that we have has been given to us
- We always do what we do because we know what the Lord has done for us
1 Peter 4:10 (NIV) 1 Corinthians 4:7 (NIV)
God has a purpose for what we manage—He desires a multiplication
- Our finances
- Our resources
- Our time
2. What we do with the temporary effects what we receive in the eternal
- Spiritual ROI (Return on investment)
- There is a judgement day
Matthew 6:19–21 (NIV) 1 Timothy 6:17–19 (NIV)
The five spheres specifics
A. As we abide we are reminded about what we live for – This changes everything else
- This time with the Lord sets our priorities – becoming content with what we have and deciding what else is needed
- The discipline of giving
- Reminded of what we are living for
- Reminded of what the Lord values –celebrating the “real wins”—
- This leads to the death of our worldly way of seeing things – when we die to ourselves we multiply
- Abiding is daily —
Luke 17:33 (NIV) John 12:23–26
The Old Testament sets the stage –laws about everything –why? He wants involvement in everything
- Tithing is Gods idea –supporting the work of the ministry – leadership – helping the struggling within the body – reaching the lost
- In the church, we do together what can only be done together
Malachi 3:8–10 (NIV)
In the home, we care for our family —
1 Timothy 5:8 (NIV) — 8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
B. Our personal mission field –a spiritual multiplier in the world –
Ephesians 4:28 (NIV) — 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.
Conclusion – the Kingdom agenda —
Philippians 3:18–21 (NIV)
We know that the Lord has been moving in the people at Real Life Ministries, and has impacted you and your families. We would love to hear your story. https://reallifeministries.com/wins
The last sermon in this series we are going to celebrate with you together.
For Small Group Discussion:
Opening Question: What is your most treasured material possession?
Main Point: Finances are one of God’s biggest competitors for our hearts, and also one of the biggest sources of anxiety for people. Being obedient in our finances turns our anxiety into worship.
Read/Tell the Story: Matthew 6:19-34
- What does it mean to lay up treasures on Earth? What does it mean to lay up treasures in Heaven?
- What about finances causes you the most anxiety in your life?
- Who does the finances in your home? Why?
- What do you think God would say if you were to sit down together and go over your bank statements?
- What are the real treasures in your life?
- Is God asking you to trust him more with a specific aspect of your finances? What is it?
- What will it look like to put God first in your life this season?
Supporting Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-9, Hebrews 13:5-6, Luke 12:15 For all series resources go to: https://realliferesources.org/current-series/