Life Hack: a trick, shortcut, skill, or method that increases quality, productivity, or efficiency in all walks of life.
Foolproof: incapable of going wrong or being misused.
The Book of Proverbs:___________
– Second-wisest man who ever lived
– 31 chapters – 31 days/month
– The practice of knowledge
– Playlist on random
3 Unique Truths about Humility:
“To be old & wise you must first be young & ___________” – Anonymous
“…humility is nothing but___________.” – Fénelon1
You cannot___________ humility. – Gary Thomas2
Proverbs 15:31-33 (NKJV)
31The ear that hears the rebukes of life will abide among the wise. 32He who disdains instruction despises his own soul, But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding. 33The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom, And before honor is humility.”
Proverbs 15:31-33 (NLT)
31If you listen to constructive criticism, you will be at home among the wise. 32If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding. 33Fear of the Lord teaches wisdom; humility precedes honor.”
PRACTICING HUMILITY: (Choose humility—go and get it!)
• Confront your prejudices (preconceived opinions that are not based on reason or actual experience): Spend some face-to-face time with someone you tend to struggle with.
• Ask about listening: Ask two people close to you how well you listen and how you can improve.
• Imitate someone you respect: Watch closely what someone you respect does and doesn’t do in ways of humility; then imitate them.
• Spend some time on your knees before God.
• Compliment others: Encourage others who do something better than you.
• Admit something: Admit your faults to someone you’ve wronged, admit you don’t know something, and be honest about struggles you have.