MISSIONS – INTERNATIONAL DISCIPLESHIP NETWORK
IT STARTS WITH GOD’S ___________.
1 John 4:7-12 7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
- God sent Jesus so we can live through Him. Instead of living for self, remember He died for us and redeemed us for a purpose so that we could represent Him to a dying world.
- God’s love is made complete as we love others—it’s about relationship.
A LOVING GOD CAME TO EARTH WITH A _______________.
John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- He came to reveal the heart of the Father in all matters.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IF LOVE IS THE _________________ HE CAME, IT’S ALSO THE REASON HE HAS YET TO _________________.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
- He wishes none to be lost.
Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
John 20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
AS DISCIPLES, WE ARE SENT WITH AN INTENTIONAL _______________.
Matthew 28:18-20 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Vision: We will reach the world for Jesus one person at a time.
- Mission: To help churches worldwide make disciples who make disciples of Jesus.
MIKE & LORETTA GUTTERUD — COACHES FOR BURUNDI, EAST AFRICA
What you do here matters!
- Making disciples here gives us the opportunity to make them anywhere! We have the same strategy and methodology here as we do internationally.
You may be called to serve on our International Discipleship Team:
- Locally serving as support for our International Discipleship teams
- Globally as one who travels short-term to help equip pastors to lead disciple-making churches
- Your mission field is where you make disciples. It starts in your relational spheres: Church, family, neighbor, worker, school mate…
- How is God stretching you to get outside your comfort zone?
- What is your faith in action step you need to take?
- Are you serving locally and connected in a Small Group?
QUESTIONS TO REFLECT AND DISCUSS
Passages to consider: Acts 18:1-4, 18-26
- What from the sermon is challenging you today?
- Look at Acts 18:1-4, 18-26. What do you see about intentional ways to live and share about Jesus?
- Think about where you work, live, and play. How do you approach intentionally sharing Jesus with people through both words and deeds?
- Who could you partner with to make Jesus more evident in your world? A) What country that Real Life Ministries’ International Discipleship Team partners with would you begin to consistently pray for?
- What do you need in order to be able to intentionally invest in someone spiritually this next season?
- How will you and your family/friends/life group seek to serve, build relationships, and share life with people who do not yet know Jesus?