Campus Pastor Pat Lessard interviewing International Discipleship Team member Paul Byrns
Romans 10:14-17 14How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written,”How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” 16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says,”Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” 17So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”
HERE AT REAL LIFE MINISTRIES, WE DON’T GO ABOUT WORLD MISSIONS THE ________________ WAY THE AMERICAN CHRISTIAN CHURCH HAS. WHY IS THAT?
OUR VISION: We will reach _____________________ for Jesus one person at a time. (Mark 16:15)
OUR MISSION: To help _____________________ worldwide make disciples who make disciples of Jesus
OUR METHOD & STRATEGY:
Equip volunteers within our church body who will…
- Enter into relationship with national pastors throughout the world to make disciples of Jesus through relationship
- Help support International Discipleship by serving on our home-based teams
Having our volunteer teams…
- Go on short-terms mission trips to serve and encourage the national pastors we work with
- Helping equip national pastors to lead disciple-making churches, plant disciple-making churches, and disciple other national pastors in relational discipleship
WHAT ARE THE _____________________ TO SERVE ON THE I.D.T. TEAM?
- Being involved & invested others
- Being intentional
- Being honest & transparent
- Caring about spiritual growth
- Growing in following Jesus
- Helping others abide in Christ
- Being in small groups together
- Sharing their lives with each other
- Serving one another
- Being there for each other
WHAT IS A STORY OF HOW THIS HAS __________________ WELL?
WHAT DOES THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH LOOK LIKE ACROSS THE WORLD?
HOW ARE CHURCH CULTURES _________________ FROM WHAT WE’RE USED TO HERE?
- Tribal Culture
- Cultural Norms
- Marriage / Family
- Church-to-Church Competition
- Conversations versus Discipleship
Matthew 28:18-20 18And Jesus came and said to them,”All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
HOW DO OUR PEOPLE HAVE ________________ TO PLAY?
- Keep Living It Out(Jesus’ model of discipleship through relationship)
- Keep Giving (What we give here never just stays here, but it goes to the ends of the earth!)
Revelation 5:9-10 9And they sang a new song, saying,”Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, 10and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.
QUESTIONS TO REFLECT AND DISCUSS
Passages to consider: Acts 18:1-4, 18-26
- What from the sermon is challenging you today?
- Look at Acts 18:1-4, 18-26. What do you see about intentional ways to live and share about Jesus?
- Think about where you work, live, and play. How do you approach intentionally sharing Jesus with people through both words and deeds?
- Who could you partner with to make Jesus more evident in your world? A) What country that Real Life Ministries’ International Discipleship Team partners with would you begin to consistently pray for?
- What do you need in order to be able to intentionally invest in someone spiritually this next season?
- How will you and your family/friends/life group seek to serve, build relationships, and share life with people who do not yet know Jesus?