This week we are talking about Adjusting. “You must make adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.”
Definition: To alter or move something in order to achieve the desired result. “You must alter or move something in your life in order to achieve the desired result of joining God in what He is doing.”
Luke 9:23-24 (NLT)
Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 24 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.
Following Jesus requires adjusting our life to Him. There is no such thing as convenient Christianity. This is about the cost of discipleship…of following Jesus…of being a Christian. You have to adjust your life to follow Jesus and to do what He is calling you to do and to be who He is calling you to be.
For Small Group Discussion:
Scripture: Ephesians 3:20; Romans 12:1-2; Jonah 1:1-12, 3:1-3
1. What success or comfort could tempt you to resist Christ’s invitation to go do something else?
2. What areas of your life have you already adjusted to God’s will?
3. What area would be the most difficult or significant to adjust if God required change?
4. What have you felt has been getting in the way of God’s will in your life?
5. How have you blamed other people or circumstances for the spiritual condition of your life?
6. What emotions do you wrestle with when choosing to adjust your life to obey God?
7. What is one small adjustment you could make this week to more fully align with God’s will?