Experiencing God: Week 2
Experiencing God: Week 2
The Seven Realities of Experiencing God
- God is always working (Last week)
- He invites us into a relationship with Him
- He invites us into His Work
- God speaks –how?
- His invitation leads us into a crisis of belief
- We must adjust our life to join Him
- When we obey God, we experience Him
“We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” –C.S. Lewis
The Second Reality: God invites us into a relationship with Him – God pursues a continuing love relationship with us that is real and personal
1. God Wants to Be Known and Know Us
- God is not some unknown God in the sky; He is a God that desires to have a relationship with you!
Acts 17:26-27 (MSG) — Hosea 6:6 (NLT) — John 15:15 (NIV)
2. An Abiding Relationship with God is Our #1 Priority
Mark 12:29-31 (NLT) — Philippians 3:8 (NLT)
3. God made a way through Jesus
1 John 4:9-10 (NIV) — Romans 5:8-11 (NLT) — John 3:16-17 (NIV)
4. Jesus invites us into an Abiding relationship
If your relationship with God isn’t in order nothing else will be.
Matt 4:19 (ESV) — 19 And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
One who is committed to FOLLOWING Christ:
- Accept and acknowledge Christ as both Lord and Savior
- ABIDE with God through time in prayer and the Word
- Place ourselves under the authority of Christ
- Be obedient to what God’s Word and the Holy Spirit tell us
One who is committed to being CHANGED by Christ:
- ABIDE in Christ by beating fruit
John 15:5 (NIV) — Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) — John 15:5-8 (NIV)
- Give up old habits—Pruning
- Re-prioritize our lives—Pruning
Galatians 5:22-24 (NIV)
- See ourselves and others more and more through the eyes of Christ Jesus
5. Abiding in Jesus, prepares us for the Mission of Jesus
1 John 4:11-17 (NIV) — Mark 12:29-31 (NLT)
Life Group Discussion:
Scriptures to Consider: John 5:39-40, 17:13 — John 15:13-15 — 1 John 4:16, 5:14-15
- How did some of your best childhood relationships start? How did some of your best adult relationships start?
- How does a relationship with God differ from a relationship with another person?
- What distracts your attention from a growing relationship with God?
- When do you have the hardest time accepting the fact that God loves you?
- Why is it hard to feel loved by God? When is it easiest to believe that He loves you?
- If we know that God is pursuing a continuous relationship with you that is both real and personal, how do you pursue God in response?
- How would you like to experience God this week?
For resources for this series go to: https://realliferesources.org/current-series/experiencing-god/