Review – A true story with future ramifications
1 Corinthians 10:1–11 (NIV)
A. Now starts the learning (discipleship) in the desert
B. His leadership daily – cloud and fire
C. To impossible places –the Red Sea
Exodus 13:17–22 (NIV)
Exodus 14:1–4 (NIV)
Exodus 15:23–25 (NIV)
Isaiah 40:26–31 (NIV)
A. He created everything –nothing is impossible for Him
B. He knows what we don’t
C. He gives strength to the weary – (not necessarily escape from the problem)
D. Trust and obey
For discussion with your small group, family and friends.
Passages: Exodus 13-15:22
Sermon Reflection – From the sermon, what is something you are thinking about or acting on?
Questions to discuss:
1. Look Exodus 13:1-10 OR 13:11-16. Consecrate means to set apart. It was an act of remembering who God is, what he has done and aligning one’s life to Him. How do you ‘intentionally’ set apart you’re _________ for the Lord?
(Fill in the blank with a few: day, plans, family, future, work, finances, children, marriage, singleness, time, energy)
2. What are ways you remember and commemorate what God has done in your life? A) How could that encourage others to ask questions about why you do what you do? B) How does remembering impact following God’s lead?
3. Read Exodus 13:20-14:4, 14:10-18. What is happening in this scene? How would you feel if you were there? (It is such a good story you might want to finish chapter 14!)
4. What situation in your life do you feel like you are caught between an army and a sea? A) Letting the Lord fight for them took both steps of trust & stillness and faith & obedience. What does letting God lead you where you are today look like for you?
5. Look at Exodus 14:29-31. This can be seen as a foreshadow of baptism. What has been your experience with baptism?
6. Read Exodus 3:13-14 & Exodus 15:1-3. Describe how Moses and the Israelites understanding of who God is has changed. A) In what ways would you describe your understanding of who God is? B) How does that understanding affect you seeking God’s leadership?
Bonus: Try writing Exodus 15:1-3 in your own words.
Next week: Delivered! God Supplies Passages: Exodus 15:23-17.